zaterdag 14 mei 2016

Injury update

It's been a few weeks since my last post. Most of that time has been spent on recovering from my broken kneecap. Recovery in this case didn't mean for me to just sit on my lazy slothful sprinters ass and wait for pain to subside and leg-strength to magically return. Instead I conjured up a plan.


A plan that is made to culminate into me legitimately wearing the red white and blue jersey of the Dutch national champion. You might wonder, what else is new? I come up with a plan like that each year and each time I tend to fail miserably. For reference, let's take a look at my past results:

2011: 13th
2012: 12th
2013: 12th
2014: 53rd
2015: 12th

This might seem like I've allready reached the ceiling of my capabilities. Consistency must be the right word to describe my results at championships (as I've also managed 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 11th and 6th at regional championships in those respective years). This year, however, will be completely different. So far I haven't been able to do much racing due to injury. But, what I lack in strength and form, I can make up for with freshness and eagerness. The latter two I can use to hopefully increase the former two in time for the national championships.

I might not be able to perform at 110 percent, but at least I have a goal that's not too far away, making it challenging but manageable. Let the road to recovery continue.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten